13 October 2009

A Blog Tweet - A Bleet, If You Will - Fall Is Here

What a lovely day today! It's rare that we get weather like this on the western side of the state - it's sunny and the air is crisp and the wind is blowing cascades of leaves off the trees. I am reminded of fall in New Mexico where I grew up: it's not cold yet but you can feel it coming.

The goats scattered around in the middle pasture are gleaming white against the green grass. The dog is exhilarated by the brisk winds and is chasing his ball around the front yard. And when I walk inside I smell the sweet scent of drying apples in the kitchen.

I'm sorry to see the end of summer but I do love fall days like today.

1 comment:

  1. You captured the essense of the day. The weather you sensed came on with a vengance didn't it, in the form of out Oregon downpour!

    ReplyDelete

 
Homesteading Webloggers
Powered By Ringsurf